12 February 2013

Job Hunting

So I have been job hunting, not with much success. Since December I haven't done much but I plan to get back on that hunting horse soon.

In December I got invited for an interview. The position was incredibly urgent and they needed someone within a couple of days.

All went really well, I could see that I was in the running, and the job would have been perfect for me. Until they asked the inevitable question. " Do you have any chronic illnesses"

"Yes, I'm Bipolar"

Right there, everything falls apart. No matter how good I am at my job, no matter how well under control, and how stable I am. I just lost the job. No matter that they're not allowed to discriminate against me. No matter that it actually counts towards disability points in BBBEE.

It sucks. I was really invested. I hate getting invested and then disappointed, but I guess that is part of life.

Because I didn't get the job I got to spend a week in Langebaan with my parents, and my brother and his family in one house. Pity was I looked forward to it for so long, but that all failed horribly as well. More about that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment