21 September 2012

Twitter @Capetown

I'm going to interrupt the whining for a moment to chat about Twitter.
@Capetown on Twitter is turning 5 years old this Saturday 22 September. They are having a tweet fest under the tag of #capeTwitterDay. You can find more info here.

Why am I posting about that? Well they've been one of the very few avenues I use to spread this blog. I'm not big into sharing this with the world. It stays my own musings and I do it more for my own peace of mind and as a way to figure out my own tough questions. But I did decide to start sharing as I feel there is such a huge stigma involved in not only Bipolar, but also in sharing our real honest feelings.
Being imperfect is not a crime, and we all suffer from it.

Anycase. Twitter...hmmm. I tried it. I joined up, I occasionally tweet a bit, but to be honest I am more of a Facebook Girl. I guess the whole feel of FB is just easier for me to navigate.

I see the value in Twitter, and maybe I should try to get on there more, but I just don't have the time, and there is so much one misses if you're not there constantly.

Maybe I just need to try a bit harder, but for now FB is where I stick around.

I do think social media is a great thing. It is breaking down the walls between us all so we start to realise just how similar we are. Everyone has pain, happiness, suffering, love, need. We're all the same inside, just different on top.

Social media has taught me a lot about myself and how I interact with others, both online and in real life. It has also taught me a bit about boundaries. ( Yes we've established mine are a bit soft)

So I say go and use it. Don't abuse, but be part of the world through it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment