10 April 2012

Health and Wellbeing

I've been out of action for about 2 weeks. My Gastroscopy 2 weeks ago ended up in me returning to the ER that night, and ending up in having my gallbladder removed the next night.

I've been trying to rest and take it easy since then, but not feeling too hot right now. It's very up and down. I've taken myself off the pain medication and I was fine for a while, but now the pain is coming back.

I'm trying to ignore all the horror stories, because I know the surgeon was really good, and did a good job.

I'm seeing my GP about Insulin resistance tomorrow. I am now heavier than I have ever been in my life, and also dangerously insulin resistant. So I need to pay attention to my diet, as well as go on medication.

This all is slightly scary. I'm highly motivated right now, and have been for a while to excersize and get healthy and get fit. But my crappy health is preventing that. I know I should just be patient, but it's like every single unhealthy thing I have ever done is coming back to haunt me right now. Honestly I am not ready to die. I want to spend a lot of healthy happy years with my daughter before I am ready to pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment